- Prepare a shopping list and include fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean
meats, nuts, etc.
- Focus more on fresh crop produce, e.g., dark leafy vegetables and fruits.
- Prepare your own meals and avoid frozen commercial meals.
- Do away with extra-sugary foods, e.g., chocolate bars and canned foods.
- Stop eating foods with unfamiliar ingredients that you can’t even pronounce – this
often means that, the processed foods are packed with preservatives and E
- Pay close attention to the nutritive value of the foods and not just calories.
- Substitute omega 3s for fatty meats, e.g., salmon for salami.
- Switch from whole fats to low fats.
- Keep away from trans-, hydrogenated and saturated fats. Processed foods are high
in these fats, e.g., cakes and pastries, and this is the reason it is always best to
prepare fresh and whole foods.
- Bid farewell to white bread, white pasta, and all white flour products.