Buttery harissa shrimp skewers
These shrimp skewers are fresh and light and have the perfect blend of heat and acid. They are perfect for summer grilling outdoors, or cooked indoors right on the stovetop. With minimal ingredients and a short cook time, they are ready in no time flat. Serve these alongside roasted vegetables or on top of salad.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb large shrimp peeled and deveined
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lime in wedges for serving
- 4 10-inch skewers
- Season the shrimp generously with salt and pepper and set aside.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the butter, harissa, lime juice, salt, and garlic. Whisk to combine.
- Add the shrimp to the mixing bowl and toss to coat in the sauce. Let marinade for 60 minutes.
- Thread the shrimp onto the skewers and pour any remaining marinade over top.
- Heat a large grill pan over medium high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the skewers to the pan and cook, rotating halfway through, until the shrimp are cooked all the way through, about 5 minutes.
- Serve with lime wedges.