Keto hamburger patties with creamy tomato sauce and fried cabbage
A delicious burger needs no bun! Enjoy this satisfying patty bare, topped with creamy tomato gravy and a side of sautéed cabbage.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1½ lbs ground beef
- 1 egg
- 3 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 oz. fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil for frying
- 2 tbsp butter for frying
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 oz. fresh parsley coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste or ajvar relish
- salt and pepper
Hamburger patties and gravy
- Add all ingredients for the hamburgers to a large bowl. Blend it using a wooden spoon or your clean hands. Don't over mix since that can make your patties tough. Use wet hands to form eight oblong patties.
- Add butter and olive oil to a large frying pan. Fry over medium-high heat for at least 10 minutes or until the patties have turned a nice color. Flip them a few times for even cooking.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the tomato paste and cream. Add this mixture to the pan when the patties are almost done. Stir and let simmer for a few minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley on top before serving.
Butter-fried green cabbage
- Shred the cabbage finely using a food processor or sharp knife.
- Add butter to a large frying pan.
- Place the pan over medium high heat and sauté the shredded cabbage for at least 15 minutes or until the cabbage is wilted and golden brown around the edges.
- Stir regularly and lower the heat a little towards the end. Add salt and pepper to taste.