Scrambled eggs with basil and butter
A clever, simple yet elegant version of a keto breakfast classic—scrambled eggs with cream, cheese, fresh herbs and butter! Jump start your day with these delicious eggs and just the right notes of basil. Creamy, succulent and cheesy, it's so filling, you'll be able to push back lunch!
Servings: 1 serving
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2 oz. shredded cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- Melt butter in a pan on low heat.
- Add cracked eggs, cream, cheese and seasoning to a small bowl. Give it a light whisk and add to the pan.
- Stir with a spatula from the edge towards the center until the eggs are scrambled. If you prefer it soft and creamy, stir on lower heat until desired consistency.
- Top with fresh basil.