Tomato soup with basil aioli
Here's a wonderful tomato soup packed with flavor, perfect for all seasons.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb tomatoes
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 3 oz. celery stalks thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 4 cups water
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 225°C (430°F).
- Cut the tomatoes in half and divide the pepper lengthwise. Peel the garlic cloves and crush with a knife blade. Peel and cut the onion into wedges.
- Place all the veggies in a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Salt and pepper generously. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with basil. Combine well.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until everything got a nice color. It can even be a little charred.
- Move the roasted vegetables in a large pot. Add thinly sliced celery and tomato paste. Add water and bouillon cube. Add some salt and bring to a boil. Let simmer for 5 minutes or until the celery gets soft.
- Blend until smooth with an immersion blender or in a kitchen blender.
- Mix the ingredients for the aioli and serve with the soup.